One of my favorite places to visit when I am in New York is SoHo. It almost reminds me of Melrose Ave in LA but with more upscale shops and unique stores.
I like to just walk around and discover new places and things. It could be a restaurant, shops or new skincare products. So this time, I stumbled upon this super cool store call Aesop. What attracted me to it was the window display ” In The Light Of Summer”. So I walked in.
My very first thought was, “What does the store have?”. All the bottles are displayed on the wood barrel shelving and they play relaxing classical music. I almost feel like I am not in SoHo anymore and the store has this very light herbal scent, but it’s not like when you walk in Aveda with that overpowering smell.
After I talked to the salesperson in the store, I learned Aesop was established in Melbourne in 1987. The brand carries skin, hair and body care products. It uses plant-based and laboratory-made ingredients. All products are designed to address different skin concerns and use very specific natural ingredients as an essential part of the product creation.
When she offered me some water, I was surprised to see a message inside the ceramic cup. lol I love this little touch!
I purchased the travel set “Boston”. It contains seven products from body care, hair care to skin care and I always recommend trying the travel set before investing in full sizes.
Classic Shampoo 1.7 oz
Classic Conditioner 1.7oz
Geranium Leaf Body Cleaner 1.7 oz
Rind Concentrate Body Balm 1.7oz
Fabulous Face Cleanser 0.5 oz
B&Tea Balancing Toner 0.5oz
Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream 0.5 oz
After using these products for 2 days , I really enjoy the the following products:
1. Classic Shampoo contain: rosemary , leaf, cedarwoodbrak and juniper berry. This just smells so nice but it’s not too strong and makes my hair feel clean and soft.
2. Geranium leaf Body Cleanser contain: geranium leaf, mandarin rind and bergamot rind. This body cleanser also has a very nice hit of bergamont which is very relaxing.
3. Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream contain: sage leaf,rosemary leaf and lavender stem. This face cream is creamy but not too rich, goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel hydrated. Keep in mind, I was at the hotel when I try these 🙂
Overall I think if you like products that contain essential oil scents, this is a brand you need to try. I would recommend trying their travel set first 🙂
All you need is a perfect red lipstick to complete any look. From blue red undertone to orange undertone, everyone can find their own unique red lipstick. Finding the perfect red lipstick is like finding the perfect little black dress
As a make-up artist, beauty blogger and someone who has been in the cosmetics industry for twenty years, even though I don’t wear it myself, I definitely know a good “red” lipstick when I see one. Therefore, let me share with you my new favorite “red” lipstick from Dolce&Gabbana. These three colors will work on nearly all skin tones.
Dolce Matte Red Lipstick $37
A matte lipstick with an opaque formula created to give lips intense, vivid, and full-bodied red color. These matte lipstick offer long lasting wear, without drying the lip. The formula has less wax for fuller coverage and opacifiers that spread in multiple directions for the most effective matte finish.
1. Dolce Heart – orange undertone
2. Dolce Flirt – clear red
3. Dolce Ruby – blue undertone
* Did you know each color was based on actual Dolce&Gabbana fabrics used in their collection, so wearing these lipsticks is like wear the Dolce&Gabbana fashion.
One of my favorite things to do is online shopping. What a surprise! Since I spend 90% of my time traveling for work and staying at hotels. This must be the contributor of this bad behavior. Sephora.com is my usual first place to go and here are the reasons why:
1. I love their online skin consultation tools. It’s easy to use with great explanations on how the products work with key ingredients.
2. Weekly special for different brands or collections, plus free shipping over $50 purchase (that shouldn’t bet a problem right?)
3. With every order you can always picks 3 samples.
So a few weeks back, Sephora.com offered a VIB GWP with deluxe sample, and I ordered the Josie Maran Argan Skincare Ritual (travel set) and Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy. I have become a big fan of Josie Maran for about a year now. I started with the Argan Oil and I totally love it because it offers hydration and keep my skin feel and look healthier while I am traveling. The travel kit contains
1. Argan Cleansing Oil 1.9oz – A gentle, all-natural cleanser with nourishing argan oil.
2. 100% Pure Argan Oil 0.5oz – A argan oil can use everywhere to hydarte your skinArgan Daily
3. Moisturizer SPF47 0.5 oz – A light weight moisturizser contain SPF 47 broad spectrum
Since I travel a lot, these are great products to keep on hand. All these 3 amazing items for $24.00
I have been looking for a perfect lip treatment. For some reason, I have a hard time finding one that will change my lip condition “dryness”. Trust me, I have tried super luxury brands to drug store and still have not found one. Fresh launch a new lip treatment Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy 0.3oz $35.00
This lip serum contains Acmella flower extract which is known to reduce lines and wrinkles. Kigelia Africana fruit extract helps to improve elasticity and Sugar helps to moisturize and smooth the skin. I like this lip serum and it doesn’t have a scent and is super lightweight so I plan to use it under my lip treatment and hopefully it will work out for me.